Brown & Ellison to Present on Advanced Workers’ Compensation
Fowler Bell attorneys Scott M. Brown and Johanna F. Ellison will give two presentations on February 17, 2015 at NBI’s conference, titled Advanced Workers’ Compensation.
Scott Brown will be presenting on “Medical Issues and their Role in the Complex Workers’ Compensation Claim.”
Johanna Ellison will be presenting on “Litigation Techniques for the Difficult Workers’ Compensation Case.”
Here is a brief description from the National Business Institutes (NBI) website:
Unravel the Issues. Protect Your Clients.
Employment injuries can be devastating for employees and employers alike. Do you know your rights? Can you differentiate between work-related, compensable injuries and noncompensable injuries? Don’t get caught unprepared. You need current, definitive information on all aspects of workers’ compensation law and procedure. Attend this seminar and you will come away with clear answers to your most challenging workers’ compensation questions. Register today!
– Get a detailed definition and criteria for permanent total and partial disability.
– Ensure you are protecting Medicare’s interests through properly allocated set-asides.
– Examine the details of managed health care provisions and learn how they can help your client.
– Workers’ compensation fraud: learn what you can do to prevent it.
– Learn how to handle occupational stress claims and claims for psychiatric injuries.
– Get the latest on claims related to repetitive motion and related injuries.
– Get insider’s tips for presenting evidence in a workers’ compensation case.